Saturday, February 2, 2013

Can we call it a crazy Saturday already!

I bought this white chain stitch embroidery on white fabric to make Butterick B5711 (View A) blouse.



And as any good seamstress would, I put this in the washer to preshrink. But when has my life been this simple? Of the 8766 hours in a year, I happened to do this at the exact same hour when the water in my tap began running brown with rust because the city had just finished replacing meters on my street. Result?





I couldn't stop anguishing over the loss of  $30 fabric or repeating myself over and over again about how unbelievable this was. Really, what are the chances?!? It's mind boggling really. Okay, alright, I know, get over it already. After a little web search, I picked up Rit Color remover from Jo-Ann. And spent my Saturday stirring my brand new fabric in simmering water over the stove.




This is what it looks like now.




I am definitely surprised that the product worked. I wasn't so sure it would because Rit has a specific 'Rust remover' product that wasn't available at my local Joann's.

Anyway, I am not so sure it's back to how it looked in the store. Still considering if I should just cut my losses and buy new fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment